Test success is more than having a good understanding of the subject area, but on knowing how to approach different types of questions and knowing how to use time wisely. And most importantly of having a plan when you write a test.
Legacy 5 Consultants Test Preparation Tutorials have been developed to familiarize individuals with the formats and directions used in many tests, and to teach test taking strategies for a variety of test situations. Resources and materials used are designed to ensure that the learner will take their test under optimal conditions - that they will be able to focus on what they know rather than being overwhelmed by a testing situation with which they are unfamiliar, and most importantly to maximize their scores.
General Objectives of Legacy 5’s Test Preparation Tutorials
Following completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased level of confidence in his/ her ability to write their tests.
- Improve their test taking strategies.
- Become more knowledgeable of their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Choose the next step toward upgrading his/her education with confidence and increased certainty.
Specific Objectives of Legacy 5’s Test Preparation Tutorials
- To increase awareness of Test- Taking Strategies. Our programs focus on four important test principles: Time use, error avoidance, reasoning, and guesstimating.
- To increase awareness of Directions. It is important that students understand the directions for taking the tests; therefore, one of the key objectives of the programs is to familiarize students with directions. Doing so builds self-confidence and permits students to utilize their time more effectively.
- To increase the knowledge and skills that the tests will cover. Test apprehension and poor test performance often results from a lack of information about the knowledge and skills that will be assessed.
To increase awareness of Format. As individuals become more familiar with test formats they can effectively spend more time applying what they have learned.
- To understand how their test will be administered. Students are sometimes uncomfortable anticipating what will happen on the day of the tests. Becoming familiar with the procedures, directions, and the process of test taking helps to reduce anxiety and uncertainty, and increases the chances of greater success.
For information on offerings listed below please contact us.
- GED Mathematics Test
- GED Language Arts Writing Test
- GED Language Arts Reading Test
- GED Social Studies Test
- GED Science Test
- Refresher Writing for Adults
- Writing - tutorial
- Mathematics high school examinations (grades 9 to 12)
- English high school examinations (grades 9 to12)
Delivery and Location
These courses are offered in class settings or as tutorials. They are offered in a variety of settings: company premises, an individual’s home, or in classrooms. Course schedule and sites are tailored to meet individual, company and organizational needs.
Fees for Tutoring
$48.00 per hour (Note: Travel costs for out of Kitchener and Waterloo may apply.)
For more information, please contact us.
Want to refresh your mathematics fundamentals for that upcoming GED Mathematics or Apprenticeship Examination?
This is your chance to make a big impression on your supervisor. "George, how much did your department increase its sales over last year? You recite the figures proudly: 400,000 units last year, 550,000 this year. "Fine", she says. “But what was the percentage increase?" Gulp. How do you calculate percentage? Multiply? Divide? "Uh, I’ll call you back", you say, and sit hopelessly at your desk, wishing you had paid more attention to Ms. Skelly in ninth grade. Bewildered by numbers?
Join us for this 3 evening session for the low price of $99.00 - see dates for next session below.
Upcoming Mathematics Refresher Courses
- no classes currently scheduled -
- Working with Decimals
- Order of Operations
- Geometry and Measurement
- The use of a Scientific Calculator